HOW I WORK
Counselling offers a space and a valuable, supportive relationship that is warm and accepting in which fresh perspectives and insights can emerge. I offer one to one counselling sessions in an environment that allows you the opportunity to think, reflect and talk confidentially through providing a relationship characterised by respect.
I endeavour to provide the support that you need to develop ways of living more rewardingly. I work by focussing on what is important to you, and I endeavour to support you to gain fresh perspective through reflecting on and understanding yourself and your present situation and experiences. I aim to facilitate an increased awareness of your personal resources and tools that you can use to overcome barriers and move forward in a way that is more rewarding to you.
I provide both short term (6-12 sessions), time limited or open ended counselling according to your needs.
I often work with clients who:
- feel depressed or are anxious
- are distressed or feel stuck and in need or support to move forward and make changes to their lives
- need therapeutic support to come to terms with painful or traumatic experiences
- have low self esteem and self confidence
- have relationship difficulties
- want to understand themselves better and increase their self awareness
I work according to your individual needs and the theoretical models I use are Person Centred Therapy, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and Mindfulness.
For more information about Person Centred Therapy, CBT and Mindfulness (provided by the BACP) please click here.