I am a fully qualified counsellor and I am an accredited and registered member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP). I have varied experience gained through working in private practice and working within several organisations.
Through my professional experience I have witnessed how counselling can offer many people, from any walk of life, a valuable opportunity to explore and reflect within a respectful and supportive therapeutic relationship.
I have worked with clients from a range of different backgrounds and cultures who have each come with different needs and expectations for counselling. My integrative approach enables me to adapt my practice and draw on different theoretical perspectives. I aim to work with clients in a way where they feel deeply understood and accepted and are able to develop deeper understanding of themselves - something that I have found, through working with clients, is needed to make meaningful change.
I AM EXPERIENCED IN WORKING WITH THE FOLLOWING:
- Anxiety or excessive worry
- Low confidence or self esteem
- Work based issues
- Asperger's Syndrome / Autism Spectrum Conditions
- Relationship difficulties
- Disability and health related issues
- Traumatic experiences
- Social Anxiety
- Domestic violence
- Bereavement and loss
- Personal development and reaching your full potential.
- Accredited and Registered member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
- Advanced Certificate Cognitive Behavioural Therapy 2013
- Foundation Degree Counselling 2012
- Certificate Counselling 2010